Monday, May 31, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER PSALM 91:5-10

I hope you continue to press in and persevere in our endeavor to dig deeper into God's word. "Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart... How can a young (wo)man keep his (her) way pure? By guarding it according to your word...With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! ... Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path....You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart." (Psalm 119:2, 9, 10, 105, Jeremiah 29:13- parenthesis mine)

How earnestly do you seek after God? How deliberate and intentional are you about knowing your Creator? Your God? Your Savior? How serious are you about digging deeper into the Word exhaled from the mouth of the one that is the Lover of your soul? The One who knows you completely and loves you deeply? Are you seeking hard after Him? It's not too late. Join us now on this journey of Scripture reading, meditation and memorization. We are sharing each week the verse/passage our staff has been challenged to memorize. It is tough sometimes as we press on. You don't have to memorize the entire passage pick a verse or two each week that speak to you and memorize those 2. Every Scripture committed to memory becomes one more weapon in your personal arsenal.

This week's verse.
Psalm 91:5-105 You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day,6nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday. 7A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.8You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked. 9Because you have made the LORD your dwelling place- the Most High, who is my refuge-10 no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent.

I would love to get some feedback from more of you that are taking this challenge with us. Email me and let me know and I will pass along your comments to all our writers. We love hearing from you. Diane

No comments: