Friday, May 21, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER PSALM 86:11-13
Points to Ponder

11 Teach me your way, O LORD,
that I may walk in your truth;
unite my heart to fear your name.

I like the NIV version of this verse:
Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.

"Give me an undivided heart." I don't know about you, but many things vie for my attention and honestly, they often get it. If I am going to have an undivided heart, a united heart, I need God to accomplish that in my life. I have proven I can't do it apart from the work of the Holy Spirit in my life. I want to have an undivided heart. I truly do. How about you?

12I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart,
and I will glorify your name forever.

Do we experience and express thankfulness and gratitude with our whole heart? Or are we half-hearted about it?

13 For great is your steadfast love toward me;
you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.

I can't help but notice several of our Scripture memory verses have referred to God's steadfast love. His love holds on tight and never waxes or wanes. It doesn't ebb and flow based on His mood or world events. His love for you is not affected by your successes or your failures. His love for you is not affected by your past or your present. His love for you is not affected by your mistakes or your sins. His love for you is steadfast. In a world that changes daily and is confusing and intimidating at times, His love is steadfast. You can stake your life on it. He did.

Diane

No comments: