Monday, May 03, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER PSALM 63:1-5

UPCOMING EVENT
May 8th is almost here for the annual Family Freedom Walk on Saturday, May 8th. The race is on for Victory Calls vs. Freedom Fighters (ladies vs gentlemen). Ladies, we can do it! See the bottom of the page to donate.

Our focus Scripture this week captures my heart. Have you ever been thirsty? Really thirsty? So thirsty that it consumes your thinking and little else matters? I have been that thirsty for water. I desire to be that thirsty for God. I want to be consumed with having more of Him. I do long for Him. Do you long for Him?

A psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
1O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
3Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
4So I will bless you as long as I live;
in your name I will lift up my hands.
5My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,

Commentary:"The title tells us when the psalm was penned, when David was in the wilderness of Judah; that is, in the forest of Hareth (1 Sam.xxii.5) or in the wilderness of Ziph, 1 Sam. xxiii.15. Even in Canaan, though a fruitful land and the people numerous, yet there were wildernesses, places less fruitful and less inhabited than other places. It will be so in the world, in the church, but not in heaven. There the wilderness shall blossom as the rose. The best and dearest of God's saints and servants may sometimes have their lot cast in a wilderness. There are psalms proper for a wilderness, and we have reason to thank God that it is the wilderness of Judah we are in, not the wilderness of sin." Matthew Henry's Commentary in One Volume by Matthew Henry pg 641.

UPCOMING EVENT
May is fast approaching and we will be hosting our 2nd annual Family Freedom Walk on Saturday, May 8th. You can help in two ways. 1. walk - call guest services to obtain a walk package, solicit sponsors and come to the walk. 2. (this is a fun one) Sponsor Victory Call for the walk. We are having a friendly competition between the 2 groups of devotional readers (Freedom Fighters and Victory Call). Our goal is to raise more funds for the Victory Call team than the men raise for the Freedom Fighter's team. If you would like to join the fun, simply go to this link on our website https://01.secure.elexio.com/donations.aspx?id=366346&websiteurl=http://www.americaskeswick.org&siteid=2184 fill out the information and indicate in the "DESIGNATION" area : Family Freedom Walk: Victory Call or if you prefer make your check out to America's KESWICK and put in the memo line: FFW/Victory Call and mail to : America's KESWICK 601 Route 530 Whiting, NJ 08759. ALL DONATIONS MUST ARRIVE NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, MAY 5TH in order to be counted for our TEAM. Come on ladies, we can do it!!!

No comments: