Friday, May 28, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER into PSALM 91:1-4

1He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.

In the shadow of the Almighty - a very real place of refuge:
Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings,
Psalm 36:7 How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 57:1 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by.
Psalm 63:7 for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
Hosea 14:7 They shall return and dwell beneath my shadow; they shall flourish like the grain;

2I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

He is a refuge and fortress worthy of our praise and trust. Can you say that today in all honestly? You trust Him? With every aspect and concern of life?

3For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
and from the deadly pestilence.

God is your deliverer.
Exodus 14:13-14 And Moses said to the people, "Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent."


4He will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.

This is a great Psalm of strength and protection. A great Psalm to commit to memory because throughout life, we run into snares and deadly pestilence, in a manner of speaking. God is our refuge and deliverer just as much today as when this Psalm was penned.

Diane

No comments: