Friday, May 07, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER into PSALM 63:1-5

The Family Freedom Walk is TOMORROW - It's not too late to donate.


A psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
1O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
3Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
4So I will bless you as long as I live;
in your name I will lift up my hands.
5My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,

In the hustle and bustle of life, it is easy and natural to be distracted from what really matters. We seek satisfaction and good feelings from things other than God: marriages, family, jobs, position, friends, things, etc., but you and I both know they ALL fall short of fulfilling our deepest longings. They may satisfy for a season but eventually every one of those things fade leaving us longing for more of something. If we sought God with as earnestly as we sought other things, we would find our soul satisfied and our mouths could not hold back the praise.

Diane

If you'd like to donate toward the Family Freedom Walk, simply go to this link on our website https://01.secure.elexio.com/donations.aspx?id=366346&websiteurl=http://www.americaskeswick.org&siteid=2184 fill out the information and indicate in the "DESIGNATION" area : Family Freedom Walk: Victory Call or if you prefer call Ruth Schmidt at 1-80-453-7942, ext. 21 and make a gift with your credit card.

No comments: