Friday, June 04, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER ~ POINTS TO PONDER

Psalm 91:5-105
You will not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
7A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8You will only look with your eyes
and see the recompense of the wicked.
9Because you have made the LORD your dwelling place-
the Most High, who is my refuge-
10 no evil shall be allowed to befall you,
no plague come near your tent.

It is so easy these days to fall prey to the temptation to fear. Am I right ladies? The magnitude of those fears range from seemingly small and insignificant to large and looming, threatening to cut off our very breath. Yet, over and over again in the Scriptures we are told not to fear or be anxious.

How can we NOT fear? Given the choice every one of us would chose faith and peace over fear.

I believe the answer lies in verse 9 that is to make God your dwelling place, your refuge. Trust the God of all the earth with your problems. Rest in knowing that He has not taken His eyes off of you... ever. Sister, would you tarry right there for a moment? Close your eyes and meditate on this truth. "God sees me. He sees my circumstances. He sees my struggles and problems. He sees those things which concern me. He sees all. He sees me." AND He is already at work in those circumstances, those struggles and those problems.

Friend, Run to Him. Hide in the shadow of His wings. Dwell there.

Diane

No comments: