Monday, June 28, 2010

Digging Deeper Psalm 100

If you have not yet joined our journey through meditation and memorization, let me invite you to do so this week. This is a brief Psalm, just 5 verses. If you memorize one verse a day, by Friday you will have memorized the whole Psalm. You may be thinking, I can't memorize, I have such a bad memory. I understand, really I do. I have thought the same thing for a long time, but in January when Bill Welte put the challenge before the staff, I took the challenge and thus far, by God's grace, I have memorized verses (some lengthy) for 25 weeks. Why memorize Scripture? Because we are supposed to? NO. Because we are better Christians? NO. Because we ought to? NO. Because others will be impressed with our Bible knowledge? NO. Because someone asked you? NO,NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Memorize Scripture so that you may KNOW God more sweetly. It is the very Word of God, inspired by His Holy Spirit - God exhaled His Word.

Psalm 100
1 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth!
2 Serve the LORD with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
3Know that the LORD, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
5 For the LORD is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.

If you memorize this Psalm this week, would you zip me an email and let me know how your week went. I would love to hear how God is working in your life. My email is dhunt@americaskeswick.org.

Diane

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery Ministries and Acting Director of Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 25 years. She has 2 children, 2+ grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

No comments: