Monday, January 23, 2012

Resolve to be Like Christ

"And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them" (Ezekiel 36: 27).

Entering into the New Year I begin to take into account of certain goals I like to achieve this year. I must set aim and become resolute to carry out my goals. Of course I like them to be simple to achieve. I realize realistically I need help to accomplish the goals I decide to obtain. I mull over and question myself, am I doing everything I need to maintain my health? I have to start an exercise plan that is simple to attain, and then work my way to maintain my workout. This leads me to realize my eating habits are not good: no more cookies with my tea or potato chips in the afternoon and stop picking up a Hershey bar every day. I have picked the Hershey with almonds and have convinced myself it's healthy, humbug. I have to remember to take my vitamins, to ensure my body has the proper nutrients to be healthy.

However, I start to analyze what really takes precedence is my spiritual health. I ought to be praying more and take time to listen to the Father as I pray. My Father will lead me and guide me into the best path. "For such is God, Our God forever and ever; He will guide us until death" (Psalm 48:14).

As I memorize scripture my mind is being challenged and renewed spiritually. "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect" (Romans 12:2).

My heart must be exercised and guarded from evil. "With all my heart I have sought Thee; Do not let me wander from Thy commandments. Thy word I have treasured in my heart that I may not sin against thee" (Psalm 119:10-11).

I need to become skilled at and resolve to be Christ-like, acquaint myself by reading the Bible on a more intimate level. "Make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interest of others" (Philippians 2:2-4).

As I walk with My Lord, I can be confident He will help me to achieve the goals, My God wants me to accomplish. "As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him" (Colossians 2:6).

Glory to God!

Sandra Roman
Staff Member - WOC Graduate

No comments: