Tuesday, June 19, 2012

DINA!


That's what my little, and I do mean little, (not quite 2) neighbor says as he escapes from his yard. (Although, I have yet to hear it from him in person.) Those little feet are on a mission...a mission for an Oreo cookie. Preferably split apart for his enjoyment, and double stuffed, of course. He's always accompanied by his two older siblings who have trained him well. He associates me with cookies. Actually, before he could say my name, he'd just look out his front door, point to my place, and say, cookie! What can I say; I'm a sucker for these kids. They use me for sweets! That's fine with me. I'm happy to sweeten them up.

On the other side of the yard, two new little friends popped up last summer. As you might imagine, they got in on the act pretty quickly. They use me for sweets, too! Or do they? I don't think any of them "use me" in the sense the world might define that term. They don't take advantage of it; in fact, they are all very thankful. I do think the Lord is using me in their little lives. They're not just dropping by for a cookie, they're sharing their little hearts too, and boy, is it fun to listen...

"Hey, Miss Dina...guess what?" Then they proceed to share with me all kinds of sweet little tidbits that are happening in their lives. Who's had a sibling, who's got new shoes, who just woke up from a nap and is grumpy, who found a snake (keep that at home). They are so funny! Especially when I'm not at home and they question me with, "Miss Dina, where were you? We came and you weren't here." All that to say, last week they really surprised me when two of them brought me cupcakes. "Hi, Miss Dina, we made you cupcakes, thanks for everything you've done for us."

Precious babies. I wonder if they know how much fun it is for me? I'll never tell...and don't you either.

Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them. And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, "Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me." Mark 9:36-37 (NKJV)

Dina Seaton
Marketing Assistant, Staff Writer


P.S. By the way...it's not just me that spoils the little ones...when my son was their age, our Keswick neighbor (she shall remain nameless, but her initials are S.M.!) used to hang a whole package of Oreos from our door knob for him to find. He loved it, and still remembers her for it.





No comments: