Thursday, June 07, 2012

When There Are No Words


Have you ever been involved in such a complex situation that you didn't even know exactly how to pray about it? Have you ever felt so grieved in your spirit that you felt like you couldn't pray? Have you ever prayed for something for so long that you felt like you just couldn't pray about it anymore?

We have probably all felt this way at one time or another during this journey called life. When I have felt this way, there are a few verses that the Lord used to encourage and comfort me.

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:26-27

"Therefore He (Jesus) is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them." (Hebrews 7:25)

"But I (Jesus) have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail." (Luke 22:32)

The Holy Spirit AND Jesus both intercede for us before the Father! How amazing is that!

There have been times when I felt I didn't know what or how to pray, or that I just didn't even have the strength to pray. In those times, the Lord showed me to ask the Holy Spirit and Jesus to intercede for me. And then, as He has promised, His peace which transcends all understanding, would guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:7)

Sisters, I encourage you - in those times when you feel you cannot pray, don't turn away from Him. But rather, press in closer, and ask your perfect, holy Advocates to pray and intercede for you. As you do this, even though your answer may not come right away, it will come, in His perfect timing, and you will have His perfect peace in the meantime.

Stacey Poplawski
WOC Graduate

No comments: