Friday, June 01, 2012

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?


Mark 11:2-6 Go your way into the village that is over against you: and straightway as ye enter into it, ye shall find a colt tied, whereon no man ever yet sat; loose him, and bring him. And if any one say unto you, Why do ye this? say ye, The Lord hath need of him; and straightway he will send him back hither.  And they went away, and found a colt tied at the door without in the open street; and they loose him. And certain of them that stood there said unto them, What do ye, loosing the colt? And they said unto them even as Jesus had said: and they let them go.

Now can you imagine that you saw someone untying a colt, at least setting it loose, perhaps even stealing it? What would you do? I think I would yell, "Hey what are you doing?" And then when I got the answer, "The Lord has need of Him," I would probably respond by asking, "Do you have a release form or some way you can prove it?" I am so intrigued by the people who let the Lord's men take the animal. Did they have some 'in' to God or were they simply obedient?

My personal opinion is that they lived close enough to the Lord to hear His voice. They obviously had received word previously AND they responded to it. They expected something to happen!

I am reminded of the long-awaited pregnancy of our daughter; she was married 7 years, and no baby. A pastor visited my daughter and son-in-law and promised to pray that my daughter would have a child. Each time the pastor saw my daughter, he asked if she had any news! He expected something to happen. He was like the farmer who prayed for rain and carried an umbrella. I don't think the pastor was surprised when my daughter told him she was pregnant. Pleased...yes. Surprised...no. My grandson is now 22 years old!

How about you? Are you surprised when God keeps His Word. Are you walking close enough to Him that you prepare for the answer the minute you speak the request or when He gives you directions, you start following them immediately?

Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Marilyn Willett Heavilin

Marilyn is a wife and mother, author, and international conference and retreat speaker. She and her husband Glen serve as Counselors-in-Residence at America's KESWICK during the summer months.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen Marilyn. We pray, He answers - often in such glaringly unexpectedly wonderful ways. Will we go through the doors He opens!?!!

RICHARD ACERRA said...

Yes God has kept the light on for me for all these Years.... I'm home safe
Back with those who have been called !


Richard Acerra