Monday, June 04, 2012

Input/Output


There is a children's song that says "Input Output, our mind is a computer whose Input/Output daily we must choose." Our minds are computers and what we put into them, is what will come out in our attitude and our actions.

When I was pregnant with my son Carter 4 years ago, I was getting extra care due to the fact that I was
considered "AMA" ( Advanced Maternal Age). The nurse took my blood pressure during one office visit and it was a little high, so they wanted to take it again. They told me to relax, and of course, you can't because now I'm anxious about my blood pressure being too high. I sat there and tried to think of a scripture verse to meditate on or a scripture song. Out of the archives of my brain up popped a happy, Jewish style song:

"My God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory; he will give his angels charge of me, Jehovah Jirah Cares for Me, for Me, for Me, Jehovah Jirah Cares for me."

I thought, "This up-beat tune is not going to relax me, I should think of something else." But nothing else would come, and so I sang it again in my head. It worked, my blood pressure went down. Through that simple little song, God gave me verses from Phil 4:19 My God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in Glory and Psalm 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 91:11: He ordered his angels to guard you wherever you go." By putting into my brain Christian music, and Scripture memory, my brain can call to mind just what I needed when I needed it.

Lamentations 3:21 "This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease. For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning, Great is Your faithfulness. The LORD is my portion," says my soul, therefore I have hope in Him." NASB

Philippians 4:8,9 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. NASB

Joyce Hayes
Artist-in-residence at America's Keswick



1 comment:

RICHARD ACERRA said...

Very happy to read something so positive! Please keep up the great work !

Richard Acerra,