Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Are you a Refresher?

Names all have different meanings and in scripture God often re-named people to describe who they were to be as His Child. Other times we see names clearly identify what we have ended up doing or being. My name, Lynne, means "Refreshing One" or "out of the pool or waterfall". When I found that out I thought it very interesting because I love the water and I use to love to swim. Today I don't swim much, but I still love to sit near any type of water.

There is a verse in scripture that calls me to live out my name - Proverbs 11:25. "She who refreshes others will herself be refreshed." What does it mean to be a refresher? Water refreshes because it is cool, tranquil and invigorating. That is what God asks me to do for
others - to add invigoration to their life. Don't you love it when someone cheers you up, gives up a word of encouragement and just makes your day? I know I do, and many times I really need that bit of refreshment. The great thing is that God asks us to do this and promises us in return that he will do the same for us. I love that and I have found it to be true.

So, today... encourage someone, smile more, and give someone a special lift today.

"The most introverted of persons will influence an average of 10,000 other people during their lifetime." Start influencing positively - be a refresher.

LDJ

No comments: