Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Walk the Talk: Character Counts

I have heard that phrase many times about not just talking the talk, but walking the walk. If I am walking the walk then my character should display certain character traits. Reflect on some of the traits we can display which will show others that we are walking the talk.

Joyfulness: Being happy inside and out because I am right with God and others. "A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Prov. 15:13

Boldness: Confidently sharing the Good news with others because I know what I have to say has lasting benefits for them. "... enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness." Acts 4:29

Sincerity: Eagerly treating others correctly and doing things the right way out of a pure transparent heart. "Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart." 1 Peter 1:22

Thanksgiving: Letting God and others know just how they have benefited my life. "... give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thess. 5:18

Encouragement: Lifting the spirits of others through what I do, the things that I say and the look on my face. "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up..." 1 Thess. 5:11

Diligence: Looking at each task I have as a special assignment from the Lord and using all my energies to get it done. "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Col. 3:23

LDJ

No comments: