Tuesday, July 19, 2005

DISAPPOINTMENT

Are you ever disappointed? Do people or events not live up to your expectations? As women we can especially get upset and emotional when expectations are not met. I know there have been times in my life that I have fully planned something out in my head and then when the time comes it turns out totally another way and boy am I steamed. Why? because we like to be in control and to have things turn out our way and re-adjustment is tough.

The thing is we need to learn to deal with earthly disappointments, but not heavenly. God's plans and promises are beyond our comprehension and greater than anything we can dream up ourselves. What is even better is that His promises have come true and will continue to be fulfilled. God will more than live up to our expectations... We can rest in His promises just as David did throughout his life.

Psalms 119:49-54

"Remember what you said to me, your servant-- I hang on to these words for dear life!
These words hold me up in bad times;
yes, your promises rejuvenate me.
The insolent ridicule me without mercy,
but I don't budge from your revelation.
I watch for your ancient landmark words,
and know I'm on the right track.
But when I see the wicked ignore your directions,
I'm beside myself with anger.
I set your instructions to music
and sing them as I walk this pilgrim way."

LDJ

No comments: