Thursday, February 09, 2006

FINISH WELL

"...Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord." Matthew 25:23

The other evening I was chatting with the women in my small group at Higher Ground when one of the women shared that she has often reminded herself that she wants to finish well. She always considered that as being in her later years that she wants to finish her race strong. I would venture to guess that is how all of us think about finishing well. Her next comments really struck me. She said, "I need to remind myself that it's not something I will do later, but I need to do right now. I need to finish every conversation well. I need to finish every meal well. I need to finish every thought well." Wow! When it comes right down to it, we will not finish life well unless we finish the details of daily life well, today, tomorrow, next week, and next month.
I need to build into my life today, what I want to be there tomorrow. It is so easy and deceptive to think that I will obey in that area when I'm older, when I'm a more mature Christian or when it's not so hard. You know the old adage, tomorrow never comes.
Begin today. Choose today to finish each moment well. This is how we will gain victory in our lives - one victorious moment after another victorious moment, until we have strung enough together to have a victorious day, week and year.
Are you ready to commit to finish each moment in your life well so when you face Jesus you will hear the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant..."?

Diane

No comments: