Wednesday, February 22, 2006

God is Enough

God is Enough

Yesterday our hearts hopefully united together to take a journey toward believing that God is enough. Put another way, you could say we are going to journey toward believing God.
Like me, some of you, if not, most of you would be quick to think and say, "Hey, I already believe God".
Let's quest together for the answer to this question, "What is believing God?"
But first let's discern the difference between believing and believing in. Trust me, believe me, when I say to you - this is not going to be easy. I had to stop midst the writing of this devotion to think my own thoughts out loud with Diane. Thus...I believe that God wants us to do the hard word of learning and seeing the difference so that change, true change, takes place in our lives.

To 'believe in' is "to have a firm conviction as to the goodness of something". In other words, we all have a firm conviction that God exists and that He offers us salvation.
To 'believe' is "to accept as true or real; to credit with veracity (conformity to fact or truth); to have firm faith, confidence or trust in what one has seen or heard". Meaning, I do not simply believe in His goodness but I also take Him at His Word by believing what He has told me.
I'd be lying if I said I spent a lot of time intentionally focused on what I believe about God. I just matter-of-factly believe in Him. Yes! I believe in God, but the question to answer is, do I believe in Him enough to take him at His Word and believe Him by conforming my life to His Truth?

Therein is where our journey began yesterday with "God Is Enough". Is He? Do I live my life as if I truly believe that? Is my life daily marked by change, fueled by the transforming power of His Word? Under my own watchful gaze I have to say, "No I do not."

Praise God! Praise God! Praise God for the process that sanctification is! Thank God for the ever moving onward and upward direction that He draws me toward -by the power of His Spirit- as I continue my pass through this life.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:17-19

Stephanie

No comments: