Friday, March 31, 2006

WHY AM I HERE?

WHY AM I HERE?

Growing up I had a lot of brothers and sisters and mom and dad. My siblings range in age from 62 to 38(that's me). There is six years difference between the sixth child and myself. Most of my playmates as a child were actually my nieces and nephews. It was kind of cool being referred to as Aunt Dee when I was five years old.
Dad and mom both worked, so after school one of my older siblings kept an eye on me, but I spent a lot of time occupying myself (mostly with an extensive Barbie collection).
Obviously I had a lot of time on my little hands. I used to like to sit and ponder things, still do. In our house we had a big mirror that hung behind our couch which I would peer into. I'd get close and stare at myself as long as I possibly could and then ask myself as I looked in the mirror, "Why are you here?" And then as no answer came, I found myself frightened as if I had to go away and do something else to get my mind off the question. It was a deep question, not why am I on this couch, or in this house but why am I in the world, what is my purpose here?
Eventually I stopped doing that. It wasn't until about twenty-eight years later that the answer to the question came. I was in my pastor's office and had been blessed with eyes to see and ears to hear, as I had just received Jesus Christ as my Savior. In the very next moments HE spoke to my heart and said; "You're here for ME." It was God confirming in my heart that what just took place was real and so was HE.
God was there in that room with me as a child, He knew my question and my heart. At the exact moment He ordained before the beginning of time HE answered my question. Later on that evening I took my little boy and cuddled up with him in mommy's big bed and as I laid my head down on the pillow I knew for the first time that I could go to sleep in peace, God was with us and HE was never leaving.

Matthew 1:22-23 (NKJV)
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," Which is translated, "God with us."

Dina

No comments: