Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Close Encounters Part 2

Close Encounters Part 2

It's so easy to allow a disappointment take away our joy, our hope or even our thankfulness. Because I was filled with God's joy, I assumed, I expected, He would pave my way. I was trying to figure out His plan or even conjure up a "plan" for God! But God had a better plan in mind than I could dream up!
Psalm 28:7
"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."
Driving down the highway I once again asked God to bless the $240 I had to purchase a Christmas tree and decorations for the Colony of Mercy. I drove to the next Christmas store, parked and went inside. After I spoke with the gentleman behind the counter and explained who I was, what I was looking for, who it was for (and of course that I only had $240 to spend), he called over a salesman whose mane was Bert. I know that God paved the way for me to have Bert help me find the tree I was looking for. What a blessing he was! I thanked him again and again. We picked out a 7 1/2' pre-lit tree, 15-20 boxes of glass ornaments, a cross tree topper, 10-15 single "manly" ornaments, an LED lit and decorated wall wreath! The grand total? $205!!! I just couldn't believe how God was blessing me through Bert. I was able to share the ministry of the Colony of Mercy with Bert along with my personal testimony when he helped me pile all the decorations into my car. With the money I had left, I was able to purchase plastic bins to store it all in. As I added up the total I couldn't believe it....$240.16!!! I wish you could see the beautiful tree ornaments and wreath God had planned for me. I hate to wait until next year to set it all up!
We serve such an awesome God! He hears all our prayers and even cares about things like Christmas decorations to brighten the Library of the Colony of Mercy. Just one of the many ways Gods says "I love you"...to me as I chose not to allow my joy to fade...to the men in the Colony, He says "I love you" by providing a beautiful Christmas tree to give them joy and brighten their holidays with hope. God's love and provision goes beyond our dreams.

Ephesians 3:20 (The Message)
"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us."

Mary Ann serves at the Colony of Mercy as Intake Manager and also serves at the Women's Ministry Center as a counselor and instructor.

No comments: