Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ouch! That Hurt

Ouch! That Hurt!

I'm not sure it gets any easier. I've been at America's Keswick for over 8 years and when word gets back to me of someone's displeasure with me, I get a knot in my stomach. I want to go "straighten that person out". Sometimes it is the result of a misunderstanding, like the time I was called a liar. A particular individual was involved and with the help of his counselor, we were able to confront him and clear it up. Other times tidbits are running through the rumor mill and I have no venue to address the issue. I don't think any of us like to hear negative things said about us, true or not. I know I don't. But as usual, the word of God sheds light in my heart to give me a more accurate perspective.

Ecclesiastes 7: 21-22, "Also do not take to heart everything people say, lest you hear your servant cursing you. For many times, also, your own heart has known that even you have cursed others."

When I stop to consider this Scripture I realize that, though I do not like it when others say negative things about me, far too many times I have been the one saying the negative things causing hurt to the other person. Why am I surprised when it happens to me?

I just love God's word, even when it hurts.

Diane

No comments: