Friday, March 07, 2008

Set Free to Be!


Set Free to Be!!
He who the Son sets free is free indeed! It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.


One of the most freeing things I am experiencing of late is the freedom from "the fear of man." You know what I mean. Freedom from the barage of thoughts that seek to beat you up from the inside out as you spend minutes, sometimes hours of time consumed with wondering; with asking yourself silly questions regarding what other people do or don't think about you; why they did or did not speak; what they REALLY meant when they said this or that; why they always say things to you a certain way or different than they speak to anyone else; why they talk down to you or seem to speak in a condescending way. I could go on and on...but, really what's the point? I AM FREE! This freedom is almost palpable and oh so extremely satisfying!



Another benefit is that now my life isn't full of so much life-choking debris and my mind is clear and free to think FOR, rather than against something or someone.
Over the past few months my mind has been captured by myraid thoughts based on life-long insecurities that suddenly resurfaced and threatened to do harm. I cried many tears and expressed my anger to the Lord and did a number of seemingly self-protecting things. My husband (God bless him) spent hours listening to me. He sympathized, empathized, encouraged...even rebuked and exhorted.



None of this was by accident. God simply wanted healing to take place in my life. He wants the areas of my heart that are scarred by sin and shame to receive the treatment, the surgery and/or the cure so that I can move on.
Now why would He take the time to do that for me? Why would HE love me so?
He just does!! And, He is committed to my care and development as a believer, as His child, to enable me to more fully love those whom He loves. He wants me to grow up and stop sweatin' so much of the small stuff.



Dear sisters, why do I share this with you? Because I know that I am not alone and I know that in a variety of ways many of us are trapped by "STUFF." Stuff that daily renders us less effective in and for the call that God has placed on our life.



Join me in continual, fervent prayer seeking God for wholeness and freedom from whatever IT is that is binding you up. Take your soul in hand. Wrestle it to the ground if you have to! Allow yourself to be set free to be who God has called you to be. Allow yourself to be defined by His Spirit and not by any label man can put on you...good or bad. Who does God say you are? That alone is the truest thing!!

Stephanie Paul, child of the Most High God, is a wife and mother of two grown children. She currently serves as part of the Addiction Recovery Ministry at America's Keswick as Women's Ministry Assistant. Her passion is to be an instrument of change in the lives of wounded, hurting people.

No comments: