Thursday, June 05, 2008

Do All to the Glory of God

"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do ALL to the GLORY of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31"

Whatever you do..." "do ALL to the GLORY of God"Whenever God speaks, He doesn't let you go until you listen! He has been pressing this hard into me for the past few weeks.

I've just had the privilege of doing a study, Living Free by Beth Moore. Week three's chapter title is: "To Glorify God." I can't go into great detail but one sentence cuts me to the quick. "We were created for the purpose of giving God's invisible character a glimpse of visibility."!!To give glory to God is to make Him known, to show WHO He IS!

Do you ever find that it is almost easier to "minister" for the Lord OUTSIDE of your home?? I have been finding that I've been drawn to others' needs instead of my family's. Maybe because our needs are too complex and very weighty that others' seem to be solved in an easier way. However, God keeps drawing me back to my family and my heart is heavy with conviction in that I am not giving God glory in some of the things I do here in my home.

I am nowhere near showing who God is when I lose my temper or want to do what I want to do! Do I show patience to my children when they want something from me....again! Oh Lord, forgive me!It is my heart's cry that I (we) glorify my (our) Lord and Savior here IN my (our) home(s).

Let us encourage one another in this area."Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which GOD supplies; so that in ALL things GOD may be glorified through Jesus Christ; to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:11

Sue Mercer is a wife, mother of 5 and women's ministry leader at her church. Sue has a heart for women to experience deep, Biblical fellowship with Jesus Christ and each other. She and her husband, Matt, graduated from the Colony of Mercy and Women of Character programs at America's Keswick in 2002.

No comments: