Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What We Once Were

What we once were

There are times we look at our lives and wonder if we are changing at all; but every so often, God gives us a glimpse of what we once were. It is usually when we look at our 'progress' over years, not days or weeks, that we see the change God has accomplished in our lives. I know there have been times when I desperately wanted to change and be changed but progress seemed painfully slow or on-existent altogether. Yet, as months and even years passed, when I look back I see change has indeed occurred. "Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me." Philippians 3:12

I know, all too well, that there are times we just have to take God at His word because we can't see it, feel it, taste it, or smell it. Trust He is at work!! "...being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;" Philippians 1:6"Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24"...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." Philippians 2:12-13

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery Ministries at America's KESWICK

No comments: