Monday, June 30, 2008

Quite Time With God

QTWG

One of the things about becoming a Christian that took me years to understand was the relationship factor. Initially, I saw coming to faith in Christ and receiving salvation; getting saved; being born again as an event. In truth it is much more than that, so much more! It's a relationship! Even more than that it's a growing, transforming, powerful life-changing relationship with the most High God of all creation! The One who is the Great I AM!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." ~~ John 3:16

Because of this relationship, morning devotions or put another way, "quiet-time-with-God," is becoming more and more precious to me these days. My longing to be WITH Him grows deeper and deeper. As I care less and less about all "the stuff" and "the nonsense" of my life, I'm discovering more space and time. The desire to hear His voice as He whispers in my ear is growing stronger every day and I sing glory to His name.

"He gives strength to me, as I worship Him
And my mouth is filled with praise.
Jesus breaks the bands
as I lift my handsbringing glorious liberty." ~~ unknown

Like a young bride entering the bridal chamber into the arms of her waiting groom, I enter into His Presence and experience His love - love He waits patiently to lavish on me and you.

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you..." ~~ James 4:8a I challenge you today to take time to BE WITH GOD. Take time to THINK ABOUT GOD. Take time to TALK TOOOOO GOD. No matter how busy you are, you/I need time alone with God to stay spiritually strong. We must purpose to keep God first in our hearts in order to know Him better and to trust Him more.

Stephanie Paul serves in our women's addiction recovery ministry.

No comments: