Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Early, Late or On Time

Early, Late or On-Time ~~ Three
"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven:" ~~ Ecclesiates 3:11God is never early and never late. He is always on time.Almost daily we write these Victory Calls to encourage you to live in visible victory before the face of God. We never, ever do that from a place of "arrival". After all, we're all in the process of change. The day we arrive is the day we leave our earth suits behind and arrive in Heaven, worshipping at the feet of Jesus.And, as we are in it together, we seek to share with you the variety of ways God by His Spirit challenges us to continue to grow in grace and truth according to who HE is and not according to any standard of living we might erect in our own lives.So, if you are a "time optimist," seek God for how change needs to take place in your life. If you're a "time pessimist," seek God for how change needs to take place in your life. Which ever distinction you have, be it a "TO" or a "TP," keep in mind that a prideful heart does not image the character of Christ in you. There is no honor in being set apart as someone who is always late and neither is there any honor in being a person who is prideful because they are never late.I'm almost fifty years old and, for me, it's time to make a change. The primary reason I'm writing about the topic of lateness is I am no longer content with the same-old-same-old. God has not been silent all these years and a number of things have occurred that require me to wake up and pay attention. In addition, being late adds a level of stress to my life that I would like to eradicate. As I wrote earlier this month, the Word in me is prompting me to move forward in certain areas of my life, and in order to do that I have to pay attention to time. All of us are aware that time is passing quickly. What I used to accomplish in a day, now takes a day and a half because my pace is not as it once was.So, my faithful Father, through His Spirit, is instructing me in very real and tangible ways in how I can redeem the time. In a word, "FINISH." This one word has had a significant impact on my life. I'll share a little bit more on that tomorrow."To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven:"(1)Stephanie

No comments: