Thursday, June 26, 2008

Early, Late or On Time

Early, Late or On-Time ~~ Four
In yesterday's conclusion, I mentioned the word "FINISH." This word came to me, clear as day, a couple of weeks ago when I had a few days off. I had the grand goal of completing a long list of tasks which I soon discovered I didn't have time in that week to do. In the beginning part of this week, I was attempting to do a number of things all at once, which is my usual mode of operation. It didn't take long for an old familiar feeling to begin creeping in and I knew if I didn't talk to God about it I'd get overwhelmed and put most of it off until later, and thereby accomplish a lot less than I was capable of. Clear as day I heard the word, "FINISH." My spiritual ears perked up and I had this little chat with God. When it was over, I was much calmer and I knew that all I was going to do for the entire week was focus on one task at a time. No matter what the task, my focus was going to be on finishing it for the glory of God and for my mental, emotional and spiritual well-being.Sistas, let me tell ya, it was sweet! While I didn't get everything on my original list done, I did completely finish every task or project that I began. This is freeing me up to give time to other things that God has called to my attention and my plan is to give my time and attention to Him and seek to diligently accomplish whatever it is, and to do it ON TIME.What is God calling you to start or finish? Is He speaking to your heart about anything at all which you have, for a long season, turned a deaf ear to? What is it time for you to do?StephanieEphesians 5:16"See that ye walk circumspectly," says the Apostle in the preceding verse, "not as fools, but as wise men, redeeming the time;" saving all the time you can for the best purposes; buying up every fleeting moment out of the hands of sin and Satan, out of the hands of sloth, ease, pleasure, worldly business; the more diligently, because the present "are evil days," days of the grossest ignorance, immorality, and profaneness."(1)"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to gain, and a time to lose;a time to keep, and a time to throw away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace." ~~Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

No comments: