Thursday, October 15, 2009

I Can't Even Do That...

Here I am, sitting in the hospital - waiting to be called to the OR for a heart catheterization. Nervous? Sure, some.

This morning when I awoke around 4 am I was praying and recalling Scripture. One of my favorites in times like this is Isaiah 26:3, "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."

It occurred to me as I prayed, before drifting back to sleep, that perfect peace sounded pretty good (and even more so as I sit here waiting) - but as Scripture says, my mind needs to be stayed on the Lord - but I realized, in my own strength, I can't even do that.

So the Lord showed me again, apart from Christ I can do NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5

So in my prayer I began thanking God for His peace and asking Christ to live His life through me today to keep my mind stayed on God - by faith I believe Jesus is doing that.

Diane

No comments: