Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Just a Little Bit More...

I recently received some unexpected news that I had what appeared to be a partial blockage in one of my main arteries - a week later I was being scheduled for a heart catheterization, which I think any one of us would rather pass on.

I received a phone call from a friend who had recently undergone hernia surgery. She anticipated anxiety which she had struggled with historically, but had none. She made a statement that I was already agreeing with even as she said it - "It's like God takes us through these things and each time says, 'Just give Me a little more...'."

That was exactly what I was feeling and thinking. Each time we go through a trial we have a little more faith, a little more trust.

Life experience with Jesus grows us, sanctifies us. Each time we give Him (or rather He gives us) just a little bit more.

Diane

No comments: