Thursday, October 01, 2009

I Had No Idea

Until recently I had no idea how instrumental, how fully vested my husband was/is in the day to day minutia of my life. You see, within the past two and a half months my husband has had two different knee surgeries. The first was pretty standard and minor, while the second involved him getting a knee transplant. What this translates to is him being off his feet for about 8 weeks while the knee parts and bits grow together.

My husband being off his feet means everything, every little thing involving his care and the running of our home, rests fully on my shoulders. Now this may not sound like that big a deal but trust me when I say, my husband does a lot of little and big things around our home that I simply do not do and haven't for years. We have an ebb and flow to our relationship which has grown over time and which is good for us.

So for me to take up that slack to help him heal, added to doing everything involved in his daily grooming, along with helping with therapy and pain management, was more draining and exhausting than I anticipated. I simply had no idea! The realization of all the unseen things he, my prince, does for me fills me with more love and appreciation for him. Where, oh, where would I be today without this man in my life?

Much like us in our daily walk of faith, we simply have no idea how much the Spirit intercedes on our behalf. We go about our day doing what we do oblivious to what goes on in the heavenly on our behalf. We know that God is there and we know that He is caring for us; He is intimately involved in our care and feeding and, dare I say, grooming, all for Kingdom work and for His glory.

So what is my encouragement for you today?

Two things:
1. With a grateful heart give thanks to the Lord for every, every, everything.
2. Thank the people in your life who daily come, go and make it possible for you to do you.

"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!" 1 Chronicles 16:34 ESV

"You are my God, and I will give thanks to you; you are my God; I will extol you.Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!"Psalm 118:28-29 ESV

Stephanie

No comments: