Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Just A Thought...

Have you ever been awed by the thought of how many DIFFERENT people there are in the world? I mean in our appearances: we ALL look different! Eyes, noses, hair color, body size, shoe size, etc., etc. I think about that from time to time and am amazed at what a CREATIVE God we have!

Well, another thought popped into my head along that line the other day - our VOICES! They are all unique! And we acquaint them with the people they are attached to.

How many times do you answer the phone with, "Hello?" wondering who is on the other end? Of course this is BEFORE caller ID! HaHaHaHa! But even with caller ID we wait in anticipation to HEAR the familiar voice of a friend or family member, co-worker, etc.

I guess it hit me when I overheard a conversation my husband was having with his dad. He was holding the phone a little away from his ear and I heard the voice coming from the other end and recognized my father-in-laws voice. His voice identified who he was, I didn't have to see a picture of him.

If I stop to think about it long enough I just have to stop and shake my head! Our voices are unique to us. Sometimes people identify us by our voices. The mind of God is SO VAST to create each of us with a unique voice!!

And then I ask myself, do I know God well enough to recognize His voice when He speaks to me? Do I wait with anticipation when I sit with Him in prayer or bible reading? Or even in the busy-ness of my day? Can I hear Him? Do I hear Him? Do I recognize HIS unique voice?

Just a thought.....

John 10:2-5, 25-29
"But he who enters by the door is a shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by NAME and leads them out. When he puts forth all his own, he goes AHEAD of them, and the sheep follow him BECAUSE they KNOW his VOICE. A stranger they simply will not follow, but will flee from him, because they DO NOT know the VOICE of strangers. vs. 25 Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father's name, these testify of Me. But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. My sheep HEAR My VOICE, and I KNOW them, and they FOLLOW Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; an no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand."

Sue Mercer
Women of Character Graduate

DIGGING DEEPER
James 1:21
21Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

No comments: