Thursday, January 12, 2006

It is finished! It is finished! It is finished!

It is finished! It is finished! It is finished!

It really, really, really is finished! There is nothing I can add or
take away from what has wholly been accomplished on the Cross by the
Crucified One. Obedient to His Father He accomplished the work He came
to do. He began and He finished.
History records no single event to suggest that He did anything other
that that which He came to do. His work; His reason for being, was to do
the will of the Father who sent Him. Nothing more. Nothing less.

He sought no glory for Himself. He simple came to do as the Father bid
Him, for the Father's glory. He never lost sight of the single purpose
of His birth. Nor was He distracted or enticed by the worlds trinkets,
trappings, or delicacies.
Even His food was to do the will of the Father. "Jesus said to them,
'"My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to accomplish His work."'

As daughters, sisters, girlfriends, wives, mothers, grandmothers,
friends, caregivers, etc., our reason for being is to be His hands, His
arms, His embrace, His image bearers to any and every soul our life
encounters.

By now, you may be wondering to yourself, "What is she trying to say?"
No work you or I do today or tomorrow will add one iota of meaning to
what our Savior and Lord has already done. If, like me, you have moments
where you find yourself sorely tempted to give up the thing that you do;
if you find yourself cast down because your laboring appears to be in
vain; if you catch yourself wondering, what oh what is the point to all
of this, I encourage you as strongly as possible to BE STILL!

Stop and remember your God! The work you do is His and His alone. He
owns the seeds and the fruit and by His Spirit, He alone will reap the
harvest. No matter how bleak the outcome appears to me, hope to the end!
Finish the thing! Pray for increased faith to believe what seems
impossible and finish!!

"Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted with me?
Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and
my God." Psalms 41:11

".....Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or
discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you
or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the
LORD is finished. --1 Chronicles 28:20

Stephanie P.

No comments: