Monday, January 16, 2006

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

Verse 5: Trust in the Lord (complete trust) with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

Verse 6: In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.

Our Christian life must begin with trust in the Lord: a trust that is with all our heart! Is that too hard for you? It is for me sometimes. That is why I am glad I have memorized scripture. God brings these verses to my mind when I need them most. I am reminded that I must trust, whatever the outcome. He knows best! As I am writing these thoughts, even now God is reminding me, "Trust, Dottie, for everything." Verse six is also part of this message from the Lord: "In everything, in all your ways, He will direct your path." I love the fact that His decisions, not mine, are the best.

I also love the words of Jesus in John 16. He tells of His return to God the Father but is sending the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, to live within us. He said He would send the Spirit of Truth, who will guide us into all truth. That's what you have in your heart and life when you accept Jesus as your Savior!

Thank Him for that! You don't have to make decisions alone.

Dottie

No comments: