Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My Soul Looks Back and Wonders

My Soul Looks Back and Wonders

The year 2005 has just come to an end and I can't help but wonder to myself, "Stephanie, have you lived this year well?" "Has the Lord's character been reflected in your thoughts, words, and deeds or has your flesh won out?" Who has maintained court in the kingdom of your heart and life?

Thus, without being morbidly introspective, I pause, look back and I wonder. Instantly, my mind comprises a list of personal failures; daily little compromises that lack the level of integrity that I ought to have as a child of a King. I can see all the days I neglected time resting at His feet, hanging on His every Word. All the moments of self-pity, faithlessness, and unbelief rise to the forefront of my mind and seek to whip me with condemnation.

Were it not for the Word, made alive in me, I could easily be crippled with discouragement. Praise the Lord that Romans 8:1-4 tells me; tells us, "There is therefore, now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Why? "For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death." Why? "For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. How? "By sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit."

In my pondering, I am increasingly aware of the enemy -this enemy, this created being, who from the beginning has sought to rule His Creator. While all the things I listed above are very much true. It is also true that the enemy has no right to use them against me. His goal is to make a mockery of the Cross and in so doing seek to discourage and render me ineffective for Kingdom work.

Dear sisters, lets collectively shout "No! Let's together, bend our hearts low, to worship and adore the Risen One. Let's also remember 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

With humble hearts and minds, let's go to Him, our Savior and Lord, exalt His Holy name and Praise Him!!

Stephanie

Today's Exhortation and Encouragement
Confess any known sin in your life, specifically and then repent!

No comments: