Thursday, January 26, 2006

Where God Speaks to Hearts

After our recent NYE Conference at America's KESWICK, I received an email from one of our friends/guests. I thought her thoughts were worth passing on.

Where God Speaks to Hearts
It was quite a revealing experience this past weekend loosing our car keys at the NYE conference. My Husband kept saying that he's being humbled by this whole experience. I noticed he responded differently and I had such peace on the inside. I was scratching my head, racking my brain to try to remember Friday evening, but yet there was a sense that we were not alone in this and that God was in control and that things would work out. My husband was impressed with the amount of people who showed true concern and offered genuine help to us. He was humbled yet blessed at the same time.
In the Sunday morning service I found my heart saying that I really didn't want to leave here. Our family always seems to get along well while we are at Keswick and I always get blown away with the true fellowship that I experience while there. So I thought it was pretty funny that we were waylaid a few hours and felt that God heard my cry. But I felt that He allowed me to see something during that whole fiasco. I had been saying that I didn't want to leave there, but what He allowed me to see was that as Keswick emptied out, it wasn't a bustling place anymore. As we watched one of the women drive the golf cart across the parking lot it struck me about what it must be like when everyone leaves to go home, the normalcy of life.
The thought that crossed my mind was it's not so much that Keswick is a special place-it is the PEOPLE and the way God's SPIRIT moves there that makes the place special!
On our way home I told my husband my thoughts and I said it would be nice if we could bring home how we treat each other at Keswick. So already I've said to the kids, "Hey, now you wouldn't have acted like that at Keswick, let's not do it here!" I've sensed a peace in my heart this week that is comforting. If God's Spirit can move in NJ it can move in PA!! We need to be willing to allow God to "speak to our hearts" here at home like we allow Him to when we are at Keswick.

Anonymous

Are you allowing God to speak to your heart in your home?

Diane

No comments: