Monday, April 17, 2006

Christ is greater than Moses...

Christ is greater than Moses...

Hebrews 3:3-4
"For this One has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as He who built the house has more honor than the house. For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God."

The heading in my bible above chapter 3 in Hebrews reads; "Christ is greater than Moses." And as I read the above verses they made me think of how often we hear honor being given to the things of this world rather than the creator of the things of this world. There are a number of TV shows narrated by people who truly are in awe of an object or animal etc... but whose eyes are blinded to the fact that it is an arrow. Huh?? Yes, I said an arrow; pointing at none other than the Creator. Whether it is a crocodile, a whale, a tree, a flower, an ocean, a painting, a house or a human, it's all His handiwork. Even a painting needs an artist to envision it; a house needs substances to be made from. I love the term "man-made", we take such pride in ourselves sometimes, nothing would be "man-made" without first creating the man! Now don't get me wrong I think there are many educational programs about the world God created. But it would make me feel better to admit that some of them make me...well...nuts! When I see a man "fawning" over a snake or a tarantula that he's trying to tell me evolved over a gazillion years...well, like I said I get nuts! I have had a family member say; "we are so glad we decided to make our little girl." I remember when I didn't know Christ and I wanted to have a baby. His dad and I planned on it, we hoped that we would get pregnant; it wasn't a surprise when five months later I was pregnant. But I knew that it was God who let me be pregnant...I wasn't yet saved but I knew without a doubt that this was beyond anything I or my husband had created in and of ourselves. From time to time I will admire this child of mine, look at his face, his hair, even his finger nails and say wow he looks just like his dad and I mean just like his dad! But his Designer, his Creator is the Father God, Creator of all things; who is worthy of all honor. As we admire beautiful, awesome things He so delights to let us see, touch, feel, smell and taste; let us venerate HIM and only HIM.

Dina

No comments: