Thursday, April 27, 2006

What is your passion?

What is your passion?
Synonyms for passion are fervor, ardor, enthusiasm and zeal. In my experience personally and professionally our propensity is to be zealous for the wrong things. We develop passions for people or things, but how often are we passionate about the things of God? "Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, has turned back my wrath from the children of Israel, because he was zealous with My zeal among them, so that I did not consume the children of Israel in My zeal." What an illustration. Phinehas had a passion, a zeal for the things God has a passion for. Can you say that? Are you passionate about the things God is passionate about?
Let me share 3 foundations to appropriate passion:
1) Are you passionate to know and believe God?
a. "Isaiah 43:10, "You are My witnesses," says the LORD, "And my servants whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, nor shall there be after Me."
2) Do you seek to love God passionately?
a. Matthew 22:37, "Jesus said to him, "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind."
3) Are to passionate in your obedience to God?
a. John 14:15, 21, 23, 24, "If you love Me, keep My commandments...He who has My commandments and keep the, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him." ...Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him...He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me."

What are you passionate about? Are you taking steps to pursue that passion to the glory of God?

No comments: