Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Jehovah Nissi "The Lord of our battles"

The Lord is my Banner is the literal translation for Jehovah Nissi. This is the name we turn to when we are having serious problems. Moses declares that when we lift up our hands to him in trouble the Lord will go to battle for us. We read about this in Exodus 17:8-16, when Moses lifted up the "rod of God" asking God to help them defeat their enemies.

We are not unlike the Israelites; we are attacked on all sides. Many want to defeat us in our Christian Walk, our own flesh wars against us when we are tired and warn out. The Christian life can be a constant battle between our sinful nature and the Spirit of God. There are struggles we cannot win alone ~ no matter how hard we try. When I try to fight my battles I get tired just like Moses, it is only with God's help I am victorious.

Do you want Victory? God only asks that we live as he has called us. If we are walking in Him He is fighting for us! David knew this personally, in Psalms 118:6, he declares "The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid, what can man do to me?"

Are you raising God's banner? Is He fighting your battles or are you trying to do it alone? God waits for you to invite Him into your battles ~ why don't you turn your battle over to Him today? "...We are more than Conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37

LDJ

No comments: