Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Getting to KESWICK, (Part I)

Getting to KESWICK, (Part I)
Psalm 37:3,
Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Before I came to work at America's KESWICK I was working quite a distance from this area and commuting each day. I knew when I had come to Christ two years prior in 2000 that I wanted to look for another job. I'd been at this one a long time and the atmosphere was to say the least uncomfortable. But...the Lord had other plans. I'd begun to pray about and look around for other work. But the Lord had me stay there for another year and a half, just long enough to tell everyone that I had known for years about Jesus and what He had done to make a difference, all the difference in my life. Ok, I thought; Well Lord that's everybody, now can I leave? And He said; "NO, I am bringing a few back". And not until I had witnessed to the very last one did He move me. The truth is I wanted out of there because I was uncomfortable with my past. But I was in love with the Lord and on fire to tell anybody and everybody that would listen what He had done. As much as it was difficult to do, I truly was blessed and privileged to be the one of all people to be sent to tell my peers the Truth.
In the mean time my son had been invited to an Open Home School Swim at America's KESWICK. I had heard of it at my church when I went to my first Christian Concert. Men from the Colony of Mercy had come to sing and present the ministry at the concert. A few months later Bill Welte, the Executive Director of America's KESWICK, came to our church again, this time to lead a Hymnsing. And then a few months later there was the Colony of Mercy again! This time another man gave his testimony, Tom Paschke, (Keswick's Director of Housekeeping). I remembered him. He was the guy sitting in front of me at the concert. One of the things that stands out in my mind was what was written on the back of his shirt. It read "Strong in the Strength of Someone Else.
It seemed the Lord wanted to keep Keswick in the forefront of my mind. After procrastinating for a while I decided to compose a resume'. But I hesitated sending it to Keswick. I didn't see how God could do away with all the obstacles that in my mind stood in the way of taking a position here. I had to sell my house, pay off some debts, find a place to live, find a way to get my son to and from school and not to mention a house full of stuff I had no place to store. I actually made a written list, put it in my bible and said ok Lord if you want me there, you'll have to do it. Well you guessed it HE DID IT! I'll tell you how tomorrow...

Dina

No comments: