Friday, April 21, 2006

Jehovah Tsidkenu "When you are Guilty"

Jehovah Tsidkenu "When you are Guilty

We are all guilty at some time or another. In fact, 1 John 1:8 reminds us that we deceive ourselves if we think we are without sin. When we are guilty it is Jehovah Tsidkenu "The Lord our Righteousness" that we can run to. In the book of Jeremiah we learn about Judah's sins: immorality, political corruption and apostasy. We learn that the spiritual leaders of the time were not seeking after God. In Jeremiah 22 we are told about the judgment to come if the nation does not turn to God and repent. However, just a few verses later God declares that what He is going to do ~ He will provide the Lord, the author of righteousness and justification.
Now, I don't know about you but not unlike Israel and Judah I too need the Lord of righteousness and justification. Without Jehovah Tsidkenu in my life I must remain stuck in my guilt. Praise the Lord I can be free of my guilt (any and all guilt) because I know Jehovah Tsidkenu. How do I receive it? How can you receive it? We need to look no further than 1 John 1:9 where it states that He will cleanse me from my sin. All I have to do is admit I can't do it myself.

"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." (2 Cor. 5:21)
This righteousness can be yours through faith in Jesus (Rom 3:23). If you already have this faith be released from the guilt of your sins ~ Know Jehovah Tsidkenu. Are you free? Or Are you burdened with guilt? Turn to Him.

No comments: