Friday, April 14, 2006

Praying together...

Praying together...
So ladies what do think about that idea? No... not with the women, I mean with your spouse, fiancee, or boyfriend. Maybe you already do that, maybe you never have, maybe you'd like to... There are many couples who for whatever reason do not pray together. They may be in prayer fellowship with the Lord individually but not as a couple. They are missing a real blessing.
How often do you hear about married couples who are not enjoying physical and emotional intimacy in their marriage? I did not pray with my husband, we were not saved when I was married so that was not our practice. The marriage suffered as a whole.
I feel burdened to stir up your thoughts on this subject. Marriages in the church are suffering, and it hurts me deeply to watch couples who love the Lord end up divorcing. Or maybe staying together but emotionally and functionally divorced in a relationship with no signs of life.
The Lord came to give us life in abundance! John 10:10; "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."
Please don't misunderstand; I know there are serious problems out there even in marriages that have a healthy prayer life and intimacy. But...I also believe praying together can change things. It would be hard to stay angry at someone you are praying with. It would be great to share your dreams, fears and concerns together before the One who holds the power to make things happen.
Why not be real with each other and with God (He already knows your deepest thoughts and emotions anyway). If I marry again, I hope prayer will be a central part of our life.
Dina

No comments: