Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Getting to KESWICK (Part II)

Getting to KESWICK (Part II)

"Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday." Psalm 37:3-6

So how did He do it? I don't know why it should be any surprise, our God parts the sea and He walks on the sea! First thing that had to happen was for me to actually apply for the job! I was folding laundry one day and the Lord spoke so clearly to my heart, He said; "Stop folding laundry and go give Mr. Welte your resume."
It took a little time to hear back from Keswick, and in the mean time I had every prayer warrior in my church on this assignment. And they did pray me right in here. The continued commute to work was actually a blessing, as I listened to some great bible teachers and Christian music for three hours every day. The Lord was using that time well in my life.
The call finally came from Keswick for an interview and formal application and then it was time to wait again. Oh, how I love to wait!!! One day while I was leaving work I was very discouraged, I didn't think I would get the job, it had been too long. And as I walked out the doors I prayed; "please Lord let it be today." As Bill Welte loves to say, "Our God is the God of the previous." The message for me to come to Keswick was already on my voice mail. I got the job, but still all these obstacles. One by one they were crossed off the list in my bible!
1. Sold house in three days for CASH and more than I thought it would.
2. Apartment opens up at Keswick.
3. I am able to have storage on the grounds.
4. There is a school bus that comes right to Keswick.
5. Finances are worked out.
6. My son did struggle with moving, but since then, the Lord has given him a second home with his dad a few blocks from where we used to live! God is good.
I've been working at Keswick since the summer of 2002 and I love it here. It's been a growing experience for sure. Keswick is truly a special place because it's filled with so many very special and gifted Staff and guests. In addition to my regular job responsibilities I also have the privilege of sharing with you through Victory Call. It still amazes me that the Lord lets me have a part in His awesome plan and do it with such a great team of people here at America's KESWICK, where God is still speaking to hearts and transforming lives every day!

Dina

No comments: