Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Masks

Masks

"I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."  ~~Psalms 139:14

About three years ago I went to a seminar and one of the women there shared the poem below. Her life had been greatly impacted by the gospel and as she allowed grace to change and transform her, the Lord gave her the words to share her heart and to offer hope to someone who might be in a similar place.  I share them with you for edification, hoping you will be encouraged to see yourself through new eyes and remove whatever mask(s) you may be wearing.    

Stephanie

Masks

I wear my masks
Which one today?
The one for work or the one for play?
The one for family
The one for friends 
The one for strangers
When will it end?

I place my pain upon a shelf
It hurts too much to be myself
So I must hide who I am inside
Only Christ alone can turn this tide.

He came to set the captives free
To break the chains, help us believe
His love will heal my wounded soul
As I learn to give Him control.

Please help me Lord, help me receive
Your love for me that I can't achieve
It is a gift, from You to man
To Your creation, part of Your plan.

Help me dear Lord
Give me strength to stand
While I'm molded by my Father's hand
Help me see myself with Your eyes
As accepted and loved and not despised

I'm yearning Lord, to be set free
To be who I am, not who I wish I could be
Being myself is a daunting task
Lord Jesus, please remove my masks

Let me face the world with a restored soul
As a person who has been made whole
Thank You for Your faithfulness to me
As we walk through the process of setting me free.

~~By Lisa Falkner (July 2, 2003)

No comments: