Monday, October 08, 2007

On A Need-to-Know-Basis

On A Need-To-Know Basis
I want to know what is going on! It is hard to transition to being the parent of an adult. It is hard to be held at arms length while your "baby" makes adult decisions; some of which I don't agree with. It is hard to sit back and let God work in my husband's life without knowing everything he is sharing with his friends. I don't think I am controlling. I don't think I am overly curious. I just want to know! I don't like being left out of the loop! So much so, that I find myself trying to get the scoop on my own. I have had to be reminded that I am on 'a need-to-know' basis and when I need-to-know something I will find out.
In the meantime, I have had to see what my "know"siness really is. It is simply a lack of faith that God is doing His part. I want to see that He is at work with my own eyes. I want to be updated on any progress. I want to be putting in my two cents worth in any given situation that concerns my husband or my children. When I realize I am being "know"sey I have to ask myself if I am trusting God. More often then I care to admit I am not. That really does mean I want control doesn't it? We all know that curiosity killed the cat, right?
I may not know it all right now but God has been telling me what I need-to-know:
Know my voice. John 10:4
Know that in all things God works the good of those love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 Know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 8:9 Know that we live in him and he in us. 1 John 4:13 Know that he hears us- whatever we ask-we know that we have what we have asked of him. 1 John 5:15 What is it you don't know today? Can you simply trust Jesus with it? He will let you and I know what we need-to-know- it's in His word!
Kathy- a recovering Holy Spirit Jr.

No comments: