Thursday, October 04, 2007

Putting God in First Place

Putting God in first place

Each day we make a choice to serve God, humble ourselves and submit to Him or to serve ourselves. Total submission can be a difficult thing to do, but at the same time can be very freeing. Are we willing to submit all our wants, needs and desires to the Almighty God, our Abba Father? Is it possible? If we truly trusted in Him and knew Him, it would be easy because our Abba Father always knows what is best for us. He knows what we need. It is in our submission we honor and exalt God. This poem is a beautiful illustration of submission.

Thine am I, I was born for Thee,
What wouldst Thou, Master, make of me?
Give me death or give me life
Give health or give infirmity
Give honor or give obloquy [disgrace]
Give peace profound or daily strife,
Weakness or strength add to my life;
Yes, Lord, my answer still shall be
What will Thou, Master, have of me?1
By Teresa of Avila

The first time I read this poem it took my breath away! This is a life that is totally surrendered to God...in good times or bad she will still have God on the throne of her heart. She knows that God is sovereign and whatever comes from His hand, she will still keep her eyes fixed on the only One who holds the key to life and peace.
Oh Lord, THIS is where I want to be in my faith walk! The only way to do this is to allow Jesus to live through me because I know that I can't do this on my own. This is truly putting God first place in my life and trusting Him for the rest.

Jeremiah 17:7 Blessed is the man [woman] who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.

MaryAnn

No comments: