Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Sorry for the delay in posting these, but we were experiencing some techincal difficulties.

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY

I wish I could give a hug to all of the mothers reading this. Since this is impossible, I'll just send my love and wish you a Happy Mother's Day! (even though it's belated)

At the May Keswick Hymnsing they asked for all who celebrate a birthday in May to stand. My friend and I will both be 75, so we stood. Across from our table was a lady whom Mr. Bill Welte, our director, recognized. She was 105! They even had a cake for her covered with candles all lit.

My friend and I both thought of the same thing - "That's 30 more years added to our 75". I can't imagine that! What a blessing this lady was to us.It did bring to my mind that my mom, if still living, would be 108 this May 30th. However, God took her at just 59. She loved life; she loved everyone. I miss her!! Enjoy your mom, please.

My one regret for her was that she never got to enjoy her 5 grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren. They would have loved her as I did. Her favorite song was "Moment by Moment." My favorite is "Day by Day." I remember her singing so often, and I realized she lived moment by moment for the Lord, not just day by day. Her favorite verse was Matthew 5:16, "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven," I, too, pray this for my life.When I was questioned as a child, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I always replied, "A mother." I wanted to be like my mother! I still do.

Hug your mom and give her an extra hug from me in remembrance of Mother's day. I will see Mom again one day as I know she is in heaven. She accepted Christ as her Savior and is waiting in heaven with Him.

Dottie is the bride of Chaplain Jack Noel (50 years), mother of 3 married sons, and grandmother to 8. She is a genuine prayer warrior and her love for Jesus Christ is evident to all who know her.

No comments: