Monday, May 12, 2008

Moms

Moms
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. ~ Psalm 139:13 ~NLT Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. ~Pslams 127:3 ~ESV

I have one son and one daughter. From the moment my daughter was born I was in love with her. Aside from marrying my husband-friend, she was the first most amazingly true thing that happened to me. And she was so beautiful! I could talk for hours about all the ways she has impacted my life, but I'll spare you.

The second amazingly true thing to occur was the birth of my son. Twice blessed! And to think, according to the ultrasounds I'd had, he was supposed to be a girl! How God must laugh at us sometimes. Needless to say, he wore more pink baby sleepers than a lot of people would be comfortable with. But thank God I had enough sense to know that he couldn't be defined by the color of his pajamas.

We are an interesting group aren't we? Mom, Mommy, Ma, Mama...whatever the title that you are known by, we have a glorious mantle placed on us and it is an awesome privilege to care for and nurture the soul of another human being.

How are you doing Mom?

Here are the lyrics of a famous poem beautifully written by Helen Steiner Rice.

A Mother's Love

"A Mother's love is something
that no on can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away . . .
It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking . . .
It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems . . .
It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation . . .
A many splendoured miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand."1

Stephanie Paul, child of the Most High God, is a wife and mother of two grown children. She currently serves as part of the Addiction Recovery Ministry at America's Keswick as Women's Ministry Assistant. Her passion is to be an instrument of change in the lives of wounded, hurting people.

No comments: