Monday, April 06, 2009

All God Has For All That We Want

Are we willing to give up all that we want for all that the Lord has?

God has given us all His riches at the expense of His Son. Is there anything that we could have or want to have that could ever surpass the greatness, the richness, the vastness of His mercy?  Is there anything that can hinder or get in our way of grasping this amazing truth, of receiving His love, His healing and His blessing?

The answer to that question is a resounding Yes! There are plenty of things and, one which seems to, more often than not, confront me and cause me to stumble, is rebellion and disobedience. I shudder to think of how true it is and I simultaneously PRAISE THE LORD for His revelation. I thank Him right now that He never ever gives up, nor grows weary in helping His kids to grow up and out of themselves.

Dear one, what are you holding on to? Is it grief? Are you grieving the loss of something - a dream, a relationship, a loved one - in such a way that you hinder the movement of God in your life? In the process, are you choosing not to forgive real and legitimate offenses, and thus, not allowing God to deliver you from where you languish, into His Better and His Best?

I have no idea who you are and I am so sorry you are in pain.  But at the same time, I know that God is faithful to carry you and keep you safe...us safe...under the shadow of His wings, if we let go of all that we want. He is not afar off. He is here, near and He knows exactly how to meet the deepest longing of your soul, of our souls. Will you trust Him?

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." Psalm 91:1-2

Stephanie

No comments: