Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Fellowship with God

As you sit down to your devotional time, do you take a moment to contemplate that you are in the presence of the One True God, The Creator and Sustainer of the entire universe?  AND better yet, He desires fellowship with you?  

"God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." 1 Corinthians 1:9

In "My Heart Christ's Home" - by Robert Boyd Munger, an allegory about Christ being an invited guest in the rooms of a person's heart, Jesus goes from room to room entering a particular aspect of the person's life represented by that room.  In the following quote Jesus is responding to the person's inconsistent visit to the den in the morning to meet with Him:  "He (Jesus) said, 'The trouble with you is this: You have been thinking of the quiet time, of the Bible study and prayer time, as a factor in your own spiritual progress, but you have forgotten that this hour means something to me also. Remember, I love you. I have redeemed you at a great cost. I desire your fellowship. Now,' he said, 'do not neglect this hour if only for my sake. Whatever else may be your desire, remember I want your fellowship.'"  

1 John 1:3 "...and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ."

I know I have shared this in the past, but I believe it bears repeating:  God desires fellowship with you.  The next time you sit down to do your devotions, stop and consider this amazing truth, because it is nothing short of amazing!! 

Diane

No comments: