Thursday, April 30, 2009

Looking UP

I was walking from my office to the Raws Building, intent on my mission as usual.  I was looking at the ground or shrubs around me when I happened to glance up.  Right there alongside the Raws building was a beautiful tree full of bright fuchsia flower buds.  I was startled because I never saw that tree there before.  I had missed it because I wasn't looking up.  

What do we miss because we are so engrossed by life, so engrossed by our surroundings and happenings that we fail to look UP.?  I'm not referring to the trees or the clouds, which are of course well worth a gaze here and again, but looking up in our mind's eye to consider God.  

Colossians 3:1-2 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

What are you missing because you have your eyes fixed on the temporal?  Look UP and see the things that are above.  Look UP and see the beauty of Christ.  

Diane


No comments: