Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Nurturing a Heart for God 3

This week we have been considering nurturing a heart for God.  Today is a continuation of yesterday's review of God's incommunicable attributes (unique to God):

God is ETERNAL.  God has no beginning and no end.  He always was, always is and always will be.  

Psalm 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. 

Revelation 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

God is OMNIPRESENT. God is equally present everywhere, all the time.  There is nothing that displaces His presence.  

Psalm 139:7-10 Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. 

"Am I a God at hand," declares the LORD, "and not a God far away? Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the LORD. "Do I not fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD.

God has UNITY (Simplicity)

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Isaiah 46:9 remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me,

John 10:30 I and the Father are one

Sister, this is the God that loves and delights in you.  He is Self-existent, Immutable, Eternal, Omnipresent and One.

Diane

No comments: